• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM Can't run YYC after 1.4.17772 update

kamiyasi

Since the last GMS 1.4 update, I can no longer launch my applications using YYC. Doing so gives the error "unable to find the specified file."

Under preferences, it looks like this.

upload_2017-8-26_10-49-6.png

What do I need to do to fix it? Thanks

Simon Gust

I have the same problem. Though I have the visual studio 12.0 thing. It says you need visual studio 13.0, but apparently if you download it, it just is the same as 12.0, I can't find any files regarding 13.0

Simon Gust

I have the same problem. Though I have the visual studio 12.0 thing. It says you need visual studio 13.0, but apparently if you download it, it just is the same as 12.0, I can't find any files regarding 13.0
Honestly not having the yyc working means I cannot work on my game at all. I hope there is a fix for this.

Simon Gust

I agree. My game has gotten large enough that each build or save takes about 15 seconds using standard windows compilation.
My game has heavy calculations at the start and without the yyc it takes a whole minute each time for a 4000x1000 game for refrence, the yyc speeds it up to about 12 seconds.
The only thing you can do is downgrade for now, I can't because I have the steam version and my licenses are not showing up so I can't get an older version.

Mick

There is no Visual Studio with version number 13. Microsoft jumped to 14 after 12 (superstition). The confusion here is that VS 2013 is actually v12.0 and VS 2015 is v14.0.

This will not solve your problem, only help with the confusion of VS versions.

Last edited:

Simon Gust

There is no Visual Studio with version number 13. Microsoft jumped to 14 after 12 (superstition). The confusion here is that VS 2013 is actually v12.0 and VS 2015 is v14.0.

This will not solve your problem, only help with the confusion of VS versions.
Yes, I was confused thank you, I've tried unistalling and reinstalling all vs and sdks but to no effect.