• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

UWP Can't run without building exe

G

GMMG

My OS is Windows 10 Version 1809 (Build 17763.1)

I have configured my PC to use UWP, I activated the develper mode and the
device portal in Windows 10 and built user/pw for the device portal and
was set up the values in GMS 2 in the device editor for UWP.

I can create an appx executable with Build -> Create Executable.

But I can't run without building an executable. If I try Build -> Run I get this error
(I replaced real user name and real password in the error message
with <myusernmae> , <mypw> and replaced value after container-):

Code:
X:/bin\dpdeploy.exe -s -c "C:\Users\q\AppData\Local\Temp\dpdeploy-container-<replaced>" -h=localhost:50443 -u=<myusernmae> -p=<mypw> list-apps
System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
   bei Igor.WinUWPBuilder.ListApps()
   bei Igor.WinUWPBuilder.IsInstalled(String packageFullName)
   bei Igor.WinUWPBuilder.DoInstall(String packageFullName, String appx_path, String certificate_path)
   bei Igor.WinUWPBuilder.BuildWindowsUAPProject(String package_name, String _targetfile, Boolean _final)
   bei Igor.WinUWPBuilder.Run()
Igor complete.
"Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt."
is like "The object link wouldn't defined on an object instance"
in English.

So what could be wrong and how can I fix it?