• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

iOS Can't run project on iPad - "Unable to find a destination"

gnysek

I'm trying to run game on my iPad (connected by USB to mac) in latest EAP for 1.4. Everything seems to be ok, but it crashing trying to transfer project to iPad. I'm getting error about "not found device" but even from logs it seems that XCode see this device - the only difference is, that it also have param "name" on devices list:

Code:
xcodebuild: error: Unable to find a destination matching the provided destination specifier:
       { platform:iOS, id:1d8d141db868adXXXXd1a499cd12b437fdfa11bd }

The requested device could not be found because no available devices matched the request.

Available destinations for the "MacTest" scheme:
       { platform:iOS, id:1d8d141db868adXXXXd1a499cd12b437fdfa11bd, name:gnysek }[/quote]

Anybody know something about this issue?

Edit: I'm trying to run on local device with Free developer program.

Edit 2: after changing command line tools to newest ones, I'm getting error "No profiles for 'pl.gnysek.XXXX' were found: Xcode couldn't find a provisioning profile matching 'pl.gnysek.XXXX'.".

Last edited:

gnysek

OK, after lot of fighting, I've first verified my iPad (General > Device Management > my login > Trust). Nothing helped, and I was getting error, that I need to have paid account to use "in-app purchase", so I've deleted it from linked frameworks (StoreKit.framework) but of course that broken everything. So... I've created new iOS application from empty template, run it and it worked. Then, I've recompiled in GMS 1.4 again and it failed, but only because of wrong team this time. Fixed this in XCode and.... works for now (however I still cannot run exactly from GMS EAP yet).

The only probem now is that it always use wrong team. Providing ID also not working, it sems that I need to put full name of this profile instead of Team ID.
Also, every time I need to "General > Device Management > my login > Trust" to activate application.

Last edited: