• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Can't Run or Clean

P

psyke

Hi,

I'm having some problems with GMS 2, this error started happening today, I haven't made any changes to my project, this just started happening from nowhere. I can't run my project or clean the compiler cache, it gives me this error:

igor_error.jpg

Any clues?

ps: I'm running the latest Runtime/IDE version.

Kealor

happened to me about 25 min ago my program crashed out of nowhere (just while editing a script not even running/compiling) and ever since i cant test/clean/anything.

And by anything i mean i tried booting a completely blank project and the same error message occurs.

P

psyke

Yeah, I tried removing the AppData/Cache folders and reinstalling Game Maker Studio 2, but it didn't worked. I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the engine and not my project.
This problem doesn't let me work on my project...

P

PandaPenguin

same problem here (just had a PC reboot due to stupid unpreventable windows update) and now Igor is not working anymore dafuq

this is the second time in a few days that GMS2 screws me over out of nowhere preventing me to work on my project!

deadIgor.jpg

Kealor

This seems like a problem lots people are having simultaneously so id have to guess that the problem is on YYG's end.

P

psyke

What worries me is that I haven't pressed any buttons to update my Game Maker nor accepted any window dialog, and since it's an offline engine, it makes me wonder, can they change the files on our computers through the IDE without our permission???
I hope not.

Also, are you guys using Windows 10?
This could be an automatic update from Microsoft (this is just a speculation).

Kealor

What worries me is that I haven't pressed any buttons to update my Game Maker nor accepted any window dialog, and since it's an offline engine, it makes me wonder, can they change the files on our computers through the IDE without our permission???
I hope not.

Also, are you guys using Windows 10?
This could be an automatic update from Microsoft (this is just a speculation).
Same im windows 10, but build 14393,

GMS2 does have an allways online component to manage logins and feature restrictions if you are on trial version.

Just btw i am on the trial verison is everyone else?

M

MoFaShi

my GMS2 is not trial version. I got the same problem 20 min ago.

John Bailey

Same problem started happening randomly for me with the full version, on a PC with Windows Updates disabled. Seems like the problem's on their end.

Z

Zaeith

Same issue here. Is there a way to revert to the previous version of GMS 2?

Kealor

this has persisted for over an hour, pls help daddy yoyo

ill just go to bed and pray that this issues solves itself by tomorrow.

P

PandaPenguin

Just btw i am on the trial verison is everyone else?
nope, Desktop version... both standalone and Steam have the problem

starting, logging in and then disconnecting from the internet didn't help either

Y

Youpeoples

Finally stopped lurking to say same issue here, pro(standalone) version.. cant even compile a fresh project. Such a bummer.

P

Paulo Steinberg

Same thing here..
Windows 7 x64.
Can't run or clean any project. Was looking around to see if anyone had this issue and found this topic.
I'm feeling better it's not me alone.

T

TalkyLemon

Sorry about this - we made a small change on our website that has unintentionally changed the format of the license file you download when you login.

We're working on a fix at the moment (I don't have an ETA yet - we're currently testing the change).

In the meantime you can:

- open your licence.plist file (normally located in a folder for your user, inside %appdata%\GameMakerStudio2) in a text editor
- delete only the line that says:

Code:
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
- save the file

and you should be able to build again.

Again, sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you!

R

revdom

Same here. Quite glad it's not just me - hopefully they'll fix it soon! I'm on the full version, and have tried both standalone and Steam, and existing projects and new ones - nothing works.

EDIT: the fix above works - yay! You have to do the edit after you've started GameMaker, and are logged in.

Y

Youpeoples

Temp fix worked. thanks!

for those who cant find it /appdata/roaming/gms2/(yourusername_numbers) licence.plist

P

PandaPenguin

Sorry about this - we made a small change on our website that has unintentionally changed the format of the license file you download when you login.

We're working on a fix at the moment (I don't have an ETA yet - we're currently testing the change).

In the meantime you can:

- open your licence.plist file (normally located in a folder for your user, inside %appdata%\GameMakerStudio2) in a text editor

Code:
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
- save the file

mistakes were made, work around was provided fast, works again, thanks :banana:

N

Nadav

In the meantime you can:

Code:
- save the file

this solution doesnot work... same problem with Igor... seems like it adding back that line in the license file... i have itunes on my pc if its connected...

N

Nadav

Its working right now, dleted the line and also the cache folder with it, thanks

BlueHarrier

In the meantime you can:

Code:
- save the file

It works, thanks :3.

L

Laerte M. Jr.

Same thing here..
Windows 7 x64.
Can't run or clean any project. Was looking around to see if anyone had this issue and found this topic.
I'm feeling better it's not me alone.
Hi Paulo!
I had the same problem, In my project I had 2 rooms: room0 and rm_game, I deleted romm0, then the test was successful.

Y

yosefX

make a text file and copy this code :

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GMStudio_Steam\Version 1.0\Preferences]
"Directory"=-
"5piceAssetCompilerLocation"=-
"5piceCPPRunnerLocation"=-
"5piceHTMLRunnerLocation"=-
"SoundDir"=-
"SpriteDir"=-
"BackgroundDir"=-
"ScriptDir"=-
"TileDir"=-
"StripDir"=-
"SVNExeLocation"=-

and save it as reset.reg file and open the reg file

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
make a text file and copy this code :

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GMStudio_Steam\Version 1.0\Preferences]
"Directory"=-
"5piceAssetCompilerLocation"=-
"5piceCPPRunnerLocation"=-
"5piceHTMLRunnerLocation"=-
"SoundDir"=-
"SpriteDir"=-
"BackgroundDir"=-
"ScriptDir"=-
"TileDir"=-
"StripDir"=-
"SVNExeLocation"=-

and save it as reset.reg file and open the reg file
Not sure what this was in response to, as the response above yours is nearly 2 years old and that reg patch would be for a 1.x Steam IDE anyway - it wouldn't affect GMS2. Did you post to the wrong thread, perhaps? Not sure what good that reg patch would do anyway, but it definitely isn't for this thread ;)