• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Can't run in VM with custom extensions!

LunaticEdit

So I need an extension/library in my game. I built the dylib library for OS X, and the DLL for Win64. So far so good. On OS X I made sure it was digitally signed properly per apple's crazy developer program thing. I tried to run with the extension loaded in VM mode, and get this:
Code:
error trying to load @loader_path/klyslib.dll - dlopen(@loader_path/klyslib.dll, 1): no suitable image found.  Did find:
    file system relative paths not allowed in hardened programs
error trying to load @loader_path/klyslib.dylib - dlopen(@loader_path/klyslib.dylib, 1): no suitable image found.  Did find:
error trying to load /Users/lunaticedit/Library/Application Support/com.yoyogames.macyoyorunner/game/assets/libklyslib.dylib - dlopen(/Users/lunaticedit/Library/Application Support/com.yoyogames.macyoyorunner/game/assets/libklyslib.dylib, 1): no suitable image found.  Did find:
    /Users/lunaticedit/Library/Application Support/com.yoyogames.macyoyorunner/game/assets/libklyslib.dylib: code signature in (/Users/lunaticedit/Library/Application Support/com.yoyogames.macyoyorunner/game/assets/libklyslib.dylib) not valid for use in process using Library Validation: mapping process and mapped file (non-platform) have different Team IDs
error trying to load @loader_path/klyslib.dll - dlopen(@loader_path/klyslib.dll, 1): no suitable image found.  Did find:
error trying to load @loader_path/klyslib.dylib - dlopen(@loader_path/klyslib.dylib, 1): no suitable image found.  Did find:
error trying to load /Users/lunaticedit/Library/Application Support/com.yoyogames.macyoyorunner/game/assets/libklyslib.dylib - dlopen(/Users/lunaticedit/Library/Application Support/com.yoyogames.macyoyorunner/game/assets/libklyslib.dylib, 1): no suitable image found.  Did find:
    /Users/lunaticedit/Library/Application Support/com.yoyogames.macyoyorunner/game/assets/libklyslib.dylib: code signature in (/Users/lunaticedit/Library/Application Support/com.yoyogames.macyoyorunner/game/assets/libklyslib.dylib) not valid for use in process using Library Validation: mapping process and mapped file (non-platform) have different Team IDs
Specifically: mapping process and mapped file (non-platform) have different Team IDs

But when I run in YYC mode, it runs and works perfectly. Do note that I have my apple dev key settings correctly set up in GMS2 as well.

It takes quite a bit longer to run in YYC mode due to its native compile, and I have no debugging capabilities beyond printing stuff to the terminal. Is there any way around this, or is this a legit issue with GMS2 and Catalina's protections?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
I would file a bug about this. If it works in YYC it should almost definitely work in the VM (and it's surprising that it doesn't as YYC is usually the troublesome one!).