• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Can't run/export games (FAILED: Run Program Complete)

E

EnrityGMS

Hey everyone. I'm encountering a problem in GMS 2.3 : I can't run or export any existing or new projects. Immediately after trying to do so, I get the following error in the output window:

elapsed time 00:00:00.0799991s for command "cmd" /c subst X: /d started at 09/24/2020 09:46:16
FAILED: Run Program Complete
For the details of why this build failed, please review the whole log above and also see your Compile Errors window.

I should also mention that all the other windows, including "Compile Errors" are empty. I googled this but all I found were a few old posts and they suggested installing the latest runtime, which I suppose is the one I already have; therefore I have no idea what to do. I've already tried reinstalling.
Any help would be really appreciated. :)

gnysek

As it crashes on subst, which creates virtual disk, the only thing that came to my mind is permissions issue, so are you using GMS as admin?

E

EnrityGMS

As it crashes on subst, which creates virtual disk, the only thing that came to my mind is permissions issue, so are you using GMS as admin?
I wasn't, so I tried running as admin right now and...got this:
1601239067253.png

E

EnrityGMS

I did what you said and it was working fine, also closed and reopened a few times to make sure. However, it's happening again, can't open it at all due to that "fatal exception" error.

gnysek

My another question, which version of Windows you're using, and if it's Windows 10, which sub-version (YYMM version, like 1809, 1903, 1909, 2004 etc.). Maybe Microsoft f...ailed to update Windows properly :p

ensomari

Hey EnrityGMS, by compiling for a YYC instead of a VM, I managed to get compiler errors. It was running out of memory. Reduced my texture page size and it's working again.

E

EnrityGMS

I have Windows 10 (1909). Also I downgraded to 2.2, and I'm still having the same problem so it's not exclusive to 2.3 .

E

EnrityGMS

Hey EnrityGMS, by compiling for a YYC instead of a VM, I managed to get compiler errors. It was running out of memory. Reduced my texture page size and it's working again.
Glad you could fix it, it didn't work for me tho.

E

EnrityGMS

Well, I suppose this thread will remain unanswered forever. I'm disappointed to say the least, after a telegram group and reddit I thought I may have a chance here. Good thing I didn't buy GMS2.