• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

SOLVED Can't rename texture or audio groups!

csaki01

Is this by design or is it a bug in the newer versions? I can still write stuff but if I hit enter or click anywhere it names back to audiogroup1 or texgroup1 but the text cursor remains where it was.group.png
I'm using IDE v2.3.6.595 and Runtime v2.3.6.464

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Bug.

rIKmAN

It's fixed in the beta version if you wanted to use that rather than wait for the next stable release.
You can install stable/beta side by side without any issues and backups/source control make it pretty risk free.

csaki01

Thank you for the swift responses, I think I'll wait for the stable version to come out, it doesn't bother me that much, I just started messing with texture groups and discovered it was still an issue (I have my audio groups already named)

rIKmAN

Thank you for the swift responses, I think I'll wait for the stable version to come out, it doesn't bother me that much, I just started messing with texture groups and discovered it was still an issue (I have my audio groups already named)
No worries, even if you don't use the beta itself you can always keep an eye on the Beta Release Notes to see what recent fixes have been added and what you have coming when when the next stable is released.