• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Can't Reach the Letters Problem

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Well, you can move the workspace elements around so that the missing parts are visible, but this is obviously not the optimal solution. I've reported the issue as a bug.

Gradius

While I should stop being lazy and stick it on the tracker myself, it'd also be a lot simpler if there was an option that brought up a prompt where you could just hit whatever key you want and add that as an event, instead of having to find it in a drop-down menu.

Reactions: xot

xot

GMLscripter
GMC Elder
it'd also be a lot simpler if there was an option that brought up a prompt where you could just hit whatever key you want
GMS1 works like this already. It doesn't bring up a prompt but you can type the letter you want when the menu appears. It would be very good to have this in GMS2 as I use this feature every time I add a key event for a letter or digit.