• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Can't login - gateway timeout

Jack S

I can't use studio or login to the main website - i keep getting "Gateway Timeout"

It's really screwed up I can't use the product I paid for because Yoyo's servers are screwed up.

N

Neonrose08

I'm having the same problem as well, I suspect that it is something to do with their login Servers. Hopefully they can fix it soon.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ze1

Yeah, I'm having the same problem as well... It's really bad that you need to connect their servers every time you use the software you paid for... Hopefully they'll never decide to shut them down for one reason or another

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
GMS2 should only require online validation every few weeks, not all the time. If this is not the case for you, please report it to the helpdesk. It's possible that your re-validation window happens to overlap with a server outage, as I'm able to log in just fine.

ze1

GMS2 should only require online validation every few weeks, not all the time. If this is not the case for you, please report it to the helpdesk. It's possible that your re-validation window happens to overlap with a server outage, as I'm able to log in just fine.
That's not true. Everytime you open GMS2 it tries to make a user login. Sometimes when my internet connection isn't working right, I just can't open it.

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
That's not true. Everytime you open GMS2 it tries to make a user login. Sometimes when my internet connection isn't working right, I just can't open it.
I've used it just fine for weeks offline, it will tell you when you need to resign in while online to use, otherwise it just loads the IDE

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Note that I said should - and that part is true according to the official FAQ - so if this isn't the case for you, it may be unintentional behavior (but only YYG could confirm/deny this) and should be reported. You can do so via the bug report form.