• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Can't load project w/ 2.2.5 after installing 2.3 via Steam

bsabiston

So I am trying to set up a 2.3 and 2.2.5 install on my machine. I used Steam to install 2.3.
But now when I try to open the original version of my project in 2.2.5, it says "Project load failed. Unable to load /BaseProject/Baseproject.yyp".

This is the original version of my project, not the converted one.

Is it something to do with the runtime? I thought that if I used Steam, I could have separate 2.2.5 and 2.3 installs? But how is that gonna work if they use the same run time?
Or perhaps Mono? It went through a new Mono install when I downloaded 2.3 on Steam, did that screw up my 2.2.5 install?

And how do I get my original project working again?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
You will need to change runtimes I believe, when you switch versions. You can switch runtimes from the Preferences easily enough. It'll require that you restart GM, but once the two you need have been downloaded it's just a minor inconvenience.

bsabiston

OK got this figured out - had to go to the Runtimes Master Feed in Preferences and double-click the last 2.2.5 Runtime. Now it runs again in 2.2.5.

Haven't tried 2.3 yet :)