• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Can't load images

A

achmoye

Hey,
I have tried the new version recently, and I can't load images.
My images are basic .jpg and .gif I need for my game.
In fact, even the sprites I create inside GMS2 fail to load and are not displayed.

EDIT : I forgot to mention my images are loaded as sprites and tilesets. None of them work.

The result is that I can't display anything else than background in my game window.

Here is the error :
could not open file C:\Users\(...).png, using blank 16x16 replacement :
Failed to load image C:\Users\(...)\44db2a07-657b-4969-b59e-dd3862faca12.png

I have no idea what I can't load images. I tried several folder locations.

GMS2 version : v2.3.0.529, on Windows 10, non-steam.

Last edited by a moderator:

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
You can't access any file outside of the sandbox. This has been the case since the early days of Studio 1.x. You have to add these files to your game's Included Files. You can then access them using relative file paths, as in a file you added as test.png can be accessed under the path "test.png".

Alternatively, at your own risk, you can disable the sandbox in the game's settings and then access any file the operating system lets your game access.

A

achmoye

I edited because I forgot to mention I uploaded these images as sprites and tilesets. I guess that's a part of the sandbox ?