• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Can't install two apks on the same device at the same time

P

PixelPluto

Hello there!

I have encountered a weird problem. I transferred two APKs from my PC to my device, and I can only install one game at a time on it. As soon as I install the second one, the first one gets deinstalled (it's not getting deleted from the device, though). At first I thought it's because my phone is too old (Samsung J3 2016), but it's the same on my new tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2019). Shouldn't it be possible to have both installed?

I did some research on the web, and here on the forum, too, but couldn't find any solution.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance for any advice :) .

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Are these final APKs? ie: You've compiled them instead of just hitting "play" from the GMS2 interface? Also, what version of GMS2 are you on and what runtime?

What are the differences between those 2 apks? Some phone able to do "dual app" where it can run two instances of an app at the same time. But it is still just 1 app installed, shared for use with 2 SIM Cards, e.g. if each of your SIM Cards is setup to use WA, the WA app you install will adjust to which SIM is active. But never have I heard 2 app copies with same product information installed on 1 phone. So I'm doubtful what you want to do is possible.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
One thing... In the Android game options, do you have different Product names for the projects? If they are both using the same product name (ie: com.company.name by default) then Android will recognise them as the same package and overwrite one with the other. Make sure they have different product names and you should be fine.

P

PixelPluto

Thanks a lot for the advice, the product name thing worked, I now have both APKs on my device :) .