• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Can't install my game

L

llljjj007

Hello. I don't have a google play account, so I decided to put my game (application) on a public server where anyone can download it. The problem is that when I download the apk from my device, it says that it can't open the file. How do I fix it?

M

Moon Goat

Android phones and tablets, by default, are set to only accept signed apps from google play. You'll have to change your device's application settings to accept apps from unknown sources.

L

llljjj007

Yes, I have already done that. But the problem still remains.

F

forsamori

Could you provide a link to the download so people can take a look on their own devices, just so we can figure out if it's an APK issue or a Device issue?

M

Meowmere

maybe the .apk part is changed to someting goofy, like akp or it was changed. You should also get RAR from the play store and navigate to your downloads folder and open it there if the problem percedes