• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Can't install app on Android device

G

GMMG

With GMS 1.4 I could install my Android app with create application on my Android device.

With GMS2 Build->Create Executable only builds an apk on the PC but don't
install it on the Android device.

So I think in GMS2 Build->Run should be the right function to install the App on the Android device.
But Build->Run seems to do compile properly if I see the output. But then instead of installing
the apk on the Android device the output window generates the message - waiting for device -
all the time.

In the platform settings for Android Packaging -> Always do full install of APK
and Install on Package are checked in GMS2.

I haven't changed the settings on my Android device after the install test with GMS1.4
and deinstalled the app before trying to install the same app with GMS2.

If I input adb device in command line I get my device name and if I input adb get-state I get "device".

So what is wrong and how can I install an Android app on my device with GMS2?

The last message before the - waiting for device - output is

"D:\android-sdk-ndk\android-sdk\platform-tools\adb -s "" uninstall com.aaa.bbb
error: device '' not found"

although with adb devices I get a device name.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GMMG

Yes, I didn't select a device. After selecting a device it's working well. Thank you.

zbox

GMC Elder
Whilst it is true - I didn't read the setup instructions and expected it to work and found my answer coming here...

nobody ever intends to run the app on their " ".

Maybe add a nice prompt encouraging the user to add a device prior to running it when this happens ;)