• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Can't import multiple PNGs in a Sprite Resource

Hello friends,

just update GMS and now I can't import sprite animations any longer. It will only import 1 frame and that is it.
I used to be able to click multiple PNG files and they would import as sequence. That doesn't work anymore.

Any help apprecaited.
Thank you

Ommn

you can add sprites in array
and used like this
arr_sprite=[sprite1,sprite2,sprite3,sprite4]
sprite_index=arr_sprite[0]

Or write your code so we can try to help you better

roknix

I think you mean you can not add more then one sprite in the Sprite Editor?

If yes, this is a bug and is fixed in the actual beta release afaik. I had the same Problem.

You can also add the sprites by edting the image and use the import tool in the tool bar.

Howdy,

Not OP, but I had the same issue & sent in a report as well...have not checked back in a few days, however I am using IDE: 2.3.3..570 with Runtime: 2.3.3.474.

Sadly, I am brand new to GMS2 & the first tutorial Fire Jump has us use this functionality almost immediately.

I was streaming at the time & you can see me attempting to do this here: GMS2 Bug Stream Highlight

I gave up after about 25 minutes.

Baron