• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Can't game make after updating

P

PurpleFreezer

I can't get the software to work after updating it. This is what happens:
I click on the icon to open GMS2
It loads with the Making Games is for Everyone splashscreen thing
It infinitely brings this popup "String not found: the selected runtime could not fully install"
I answer with "ok", the only available option
and it brings up another popup with the same message
and the light blue loading bar on the top right just kinda goes wild while this happens.

help?? I began installing the updater by clicking "okay" when it offered a new update version of GMS2, and throughout the install process it asked to delete the old version of GMS2 to replace it with the new one, which I let it do. And now I can't get past the loading screen.

Thanks for reading.

Have you submitted this as a bug to the helpdesk and included the ui.log file? If not, then I would suggest doing that and seeing what the support helpdesk comes back to you with. It may be something specific to do with your setup, and hopefully the error has more info for YYG in the ui.log file.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Have you uninstalled and then re-installed? Have you made sure that there is enough disk space for the runtime to install?

P

PurpleFreezer

Have you submitted this as a bug to the helpdesk and included the ui.log file? If not, then I would suggest doing that and seeing what the support helpdesk comes back to you with. It may be something specific to do with your setup, and hopefully the error has more info for YYG in the ui.log file.
To submit do I just describe the issue? And how do I access the ui.log file?

P

PurpleFreezer

Have you uninstalled and then re-installed? Have you made sure that there is enough disk space for the runtime to install?
I uninstalled and reinstalled. Is there a way to do it wrong? Also I just checked storage and I have plenty of disc space.