1. Hey! Guest! The 31st GMC Jam will take place between Nov 16th, 12:00 UTC (Friday noon) and Nov 26th, 12:00 UTC (Monday noon). Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Windows Can't find file error when testing run the game

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by Northernlightifly, Nov 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Northernlightifly

Northernlightifly Member

Hello!

I'm learning how to use gamemaker so I'm making the clown catch game turtorial in order to learn. I'm finished making the game and can now test run the game. But unfortunately I get an error that it can't find the file?

[​IMG]
    I think it might be because I have game maker installed on my disk(F) and I also have the project file there but I'm not sure...does anyone know how to solve this?

Thank you in advance!

2. DukeSoft

DukeSoft Member

Where is your project stored? Is it opening correctly in the IDE and can you run it from there?

3. Northernlightifly

Northernlightifly Member

It's stored in my (F)drive but I managed to fix it thank you anyway!

4. Bruchpilot

Bruchpilot Member

Can you disclose what the solution was? Just in case someone in the dark, distant future comes across this thread with the same problem.

5. Northernlightifly

Northernlightifly Member

Of course.

Create a new folder in the local disc and in that folder, in that folder create the following in the map: local, cache, backup, project.
    in gamemaker go to preferences and change the files location for Temp directory, Asset cache directory and backup directory to the new folder you created
    Go to start in the windows start menu and write "regedit"
    Go to menu and "edit" and chose "search"
    write "gamemaker" in the search field and press search
    remove all regestry key you find
    press F3 and remove
    continue until you've removed all keys that has anything to do with gamemaker
    restart program

6. DukeSoft

DukeSoft Member

Thats odd, game maker should never use the registry since their platform also works on MAC - it doesn't use the registry at all. Unless, you're using GMS1.4 ofcourse, which makes this topic reside in the wrong forum group ^_^

7. Northernlightifly

Northernlightifly Member

Okay, where's the other forum then?

8. DukeSoft

DukeSoft Member