• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Can't figure out where I went wrong

shocwav

I am completely new to game programming- actually, I'm new to coding, period, still learning if/then conditionals with the Blockly system- and I am trying to do the Fire Jump tutorial. I've followed his instructions exactly, but when I get to the part about 45 minutes into Part 1, where I'm making the step event that is supposed to allow vertical scrolling, I get this
1639015793395.png
Help! I've checked my code and events, and from what I can see, it looks exactly like it does in the video. What could be causing this? Here's my step event so far:
1639015880316.png

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
That error comes from another If Variable action upstream. You should check y (lowercase), not Y (uppercase). GML is case-sensitive.

shocwav

That error comes from another If Variable action upstream. You should check y (lowercase), not Y (uppercase). GML is case-sensitive.
*insert "mind blown" GIF here*

Thank you so much!!!!! It works now. I'm sending you a virtual hug for this! And I'll remember that from now on.