• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Can't export in Android Module

G

Gabriel

Recently I've updated GameMaker: Studio to 1.4.1760, in order to surpass the libpng issue, but now I can't manage to export through the Android module.

Whenever I try to export an apk, I get the following message in the Compile Form:
Code:
FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':com.companyname.Project1:lint'.
> Lint found errors in the project; aborting build.

Fix the issues identified by lint, or add the following to your build script to proceed with errors:
android {
    lintOptions {
        abortOnError false
    }
}

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 4 mins 59.749 secs
cmd /c "subst /d Z:"

I updated everything through the SDK Manager but it doesn't seem to solve the problem.

Does anyone have any idea of what could be wrong?

P

PlayLight

Recently I've updated GameMaker: Studio to 1.4.1760, in order to surpass the libpng issue, but now I can't manage to export through the Android module.

Whenever I try to export an apk, I get the following message in the Compile Form:
Code:
FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':com.companyname.Project1:lint'.
> Lint found errors in the project; aborting build.

Fix the issues identified by lint, or add the following to your build script to proceed with errors:
android {
    lintOptions {
        abortOnError false
    }
}

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 4 mins 59.749 secs
cmd /c "subst /d Z:"

I updated everything through the SDK Manager but it doesn't seem to solve the problem.

Does anyone have any idea of what could be wrong?

>Lint found errors in the project<
Check out your Lint report to see what's going on. If you look a little further up your log, you will see exactly were the Lint report was generated.
If you need help with the report, post it here and i'll help you out.

G

Gabriel

>Lint found errors in the project<
Check out your Lint report to see what's going on. If you look a little further up your log, you will see exactly were the Lint report was generated.
If you need help with the report, post it here and i'll help you out.
Gosh, I don't even know what Lint is :eek:

So, right before the part of the report I've posted, comes this:
Code:
Ran lint on variant debug: 100 issues found
Ran lint on variant release: 100 issues found
Wrote HTML report to file:///Z:/com.companyname.Project1/build/outputs/lint-results-debug.html
Wrote XML report to file:///Z:/com.companyname.Project1/build/outputs/lint-results-debug.xml
:com.companyname.Project1:lint FAILED

P

PlayLight

Gosh, I don't even know what Lint is :eek:

So, right before the part of the report I've posted, comes this:
Code:
Ran lint on variant debug: 100 issues found
Ran lint on variant release: 100 issues found
Wrote HTML report to file:///Z:/com.companyname.Project1/build/outputs/lint-results-debug.html
Wrote XML report to file:///Z:/com.companyname.Project1/build/outputs/lint-results-debug.xml
:com.companyname.Project1:lint FAILED
The directory location will be:
Code:
<Your GM:S cache folder>\Project1\Android\Default\com.companyname.Project1\build\outputs\
if you're not sure what <Your GM:S cache folder> is, go to:
File >> Preferences
and look at the address set under 'Asset Cache Directory'

At this location you will find your Lint report.
In this instance you'll need to view
'lint-results-debug.xml'
or
'lint-results-debug.html'

(the html version will be a little more user friendly for you. focus on the errors listed in red)

Android Lint

G

Gabriel

The directory location will be:
Code:
<Your GM:S cache folder>\Project1\Android\Default\com.companyname.Project1\build\outputs\
if you're not sure what <Your GM:S cache folder> is, go to:
File >> Preferences
and look at the address set under 'Asset Cache Directory'

At this location you will find your Lint report.
In this instance you'll need to view
'lint-results-debug.xml'
or
'lint-results-debug.html'

(the html version will be a little more user friendly for you. focus on the errors listed in red)

Android Lint
Managed to solve it, thanks to the report!

Apparently I had set the latest SDK as target (25) but as the Google Suppert Library latest version is lower (23.2.1) there was a compiling incompatibility.
So I set the target and build SDK to 23 and it all worked out!

Thanks for the hint ;)