Can't draw tiles in the room editor anymore

0TastyPie0

I was fixing new stage defaults for my game, a room which I make child rooms from, then make stages from there.
For some reason it won't let me draw tiles in certain areas, seems to be affecting any tile outside the default room's room dimensions.

I tried looking around online, but I can't find similar cases of this happening.
Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.

Video of issue in action:

0TastyPie0

Still looking for help on this. I have tried:

* Restarting GMS.
* Restarting my computer.
* Exported and then imported the project again.

I also tried making a new tile layer within the child room, which does work correctly! However, that would mean I'd have to remake every tile layer, and their name, for every new stage I want to make. Even then, if I ever want to rename those tile layers, that means I'd have to go through each room manually and rename those, which is why I want it to be a child room in the first place.

0TastyPie0

Also I just realised that this thread should probably located under "GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support", rather than "Programming".
Apologies, feel free to move this thread mods.

rIKmAN

There are some know issues with child/parent rooms which could be related to your problem.

Try reporting a bug using Help > Report a Bug from inside the IDE and then have a read of the list of "Known Issues" that you are shown before you actually report anything. You should see a couple on that list related to parent/child rooms which might be relevant.

0TastyPie0

There are some know issues with child/parent rooms which could be related to your problem.

Try reporting a bug using Help > Report a Bug from inside the IDE and then have a read of the list of "Known Issues" that you are shown before you actually report anything. You should see a couple on that list related to parent/child rooms which might be relevant.
I had a look around, seems like a reported issue like mine labeled as "Room Editor: Some tile layers do not allow placing tiles within viewport areas" is supposedly fixed in the latest release, which I have.
Seems likely that it has something to do with parent/child rooms then, seeing as there seem to be multiple different reported issues with that functionality right now.

rIKmAN

I had a look around, seems like a reported issue like mine labeled as "Room Editor: Some tile layers do not allow placing tiles within viewport areas" is supposedly fixed in the latest release, which I have.
Seems likely that it has something to do with parent/child rooms then, seeing as there seem to be multiple different reported issues with that functionality right now.
Yeah, I couldn't remember what the parent/child room issues were exactly but I remembered seeing them on there.

Sounds like your issue might be related to both of them, but if the tile drawing bug is listed as fixed it's probably worth reporting a bug and attaching your project so that YYG can take a look and confirm it for you.