• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Linux Can't compile with YYC

Shut

I'm using YYC and the Ubuntu Version is 14.04.05.

WARNING: Unable to connect to remote client: ssh command 'cd /home/shota/GameMakerStudio2/yyc/Dead_Ground && make' failed.
clang: error: no such file or directory: '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so'
clang: error: no such file or directory: '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so'
make: *** [Dead_Ground] Error 1
WARNING: Unable to connect to remote client: The client is already connected.

If I compile using VM, everything works fine. GMS1 also works fine for both YYC and VM.

obscene

Every have any luck with this? I'm using 18.04.1 LTS and having the same issue. VM works fine, YYC fails every time.

Shut

Yeah, looking above those lines were errors indicating something wrong with the code. So, look above these lines.

obscene

Well, I've got hundreds of errors which leads me to think they are erroneous. As the game is compiling on Windows and Mac just fine I just think something is going wrong behind the scenes.

The errors don't even make sense. They are for almost every script. Then it repeats them over and over, the same errors. Its too much to copy and paste, it freezes up the forum window if I try.

I'll have to study it more when I get back home.

Shut

I believe it's a bug, but currently the only workaround is to fix those errors somehow. For me, it was because of using ‘ and ’ in strings. So, it could be like special characters or something not working right. Check the lines of code that are throwing errors in output and you should be able to figure it out if it's a pattern and appears in other objects too.