• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

UWP Can't compile to Windows UWP

S

sully9088

I followed the instructions very clearly on setting up GM2 and my PC to compile to UWP. I have the device portal set up and everything. I downloaded Visual Studio 17 and have the appropriate files downloaded. I added my PC as the device, clicked compile, and get this error:

System.NotSupportedException: The given path's format is not supported.
at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.EmulateFileIOPermissionChecks(String fullPath)
at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.QuickDemand(FileIOPermissionAccess access, String fullPath, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
at Igor.WinUWPBuilder.BuildWindowsUAPProject(String package_name, String _targetfile, Boolean _final)
at Igor.WinUWPBuilder.Run()

What exactly is happening?

From what you have posted, I can't really tell what the issue is, but what it says here
The given path's format is not supported
Is probably the issue. Do you have any special characters in your projects name? or is a directory that is being used have any special characters? Like " : * & % $ # @ !"

Since when I run a test it runs ok for me.

S

sully9088

From what you have posted, I can't really tell what the issue is, but what it says here

Is probably the issue. Do you have any special characters in your projects name? or is a directory that is being used have any special characters? Like " : * & % $ # @ !"

No I do not have any special characters in my project name. This problem is only specific to my one project. My other project compiles fine. I have no idea what to do. I almost want to build a new project and copy past all my code/assets to the new project. Is this something that is possible?

S

sully9088

I fixed the problem!!! I exported my entire project and then created a new project and imported all the code and sprites. I have no idea how the original project got messed up. Oh well.

I was about to say I once had a problem with the cache being locked somehow, so I just clicked Save As, and saved the project to a different name and it worked.

But glad it's working now!