• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Can't build / run any project. New install.

tjledoyt

Hey folks! Hoping someone can help me.
I'm on a 2019 MacBook and this is a new install of GMS2.

No project will work. I tried even making a single object with a single sprite in a room. No matter what I get this message:

"FAILED: Run Program Complete
For the details of why this build failed, please review the whole log above and also see your Compile Errors window."

and there's no errors under the compile window.

Thanks for any help!

tjledoyt

So I reinstalled the MonoFramework and it worked for a couple hours. Now the compiling is failing again and I'm getting this error:
"libpng error: Not enough image data"

Even when I return to an earlier save of the project that was working, I get the same thing.

Amon

This happened to me also when I clean installed win 10. I installed GMS2 and no projects would work at all when trying to build. I tried everything. When building it would either throw the FAILED:Run Program Complete error or would successfully build but when the game window would open it would close immediately with no error.

I have as yet no figured out why it was happening. If I started a new project though it would build and run fine. Just not any projects before I clean installed win10.

C

Childintime

So I reinstalled the MonoFramework and it worked for a couple hours. Now the compiling is failing again and I'm getting this error:
"libpng error: Not enough image data"

Even when I return to an earlier save of the project that was working, I get the same thing.
Any progress on this?

I hit the same problem and am currently reinstalling mono to see if that fixes it but so far nothing has worked.

Even tried with the demo projects to make sure it wasn't a code error on my part.

KatDav

could it be an older computer or hardware thats stoping the use of the program ? or do you know the IDE and runtime of said projects? thats what i would go off of, the most current should be up if you have the most current update of the game maker 2 studio ?

C

Childintime

Hardware is 2015 macbook air. So, hardly new but should be capable. I will have access later to a PC I can try it on, to see if it's just an issue Mac-side.

Runtime is up-to-date, but I had to manually download as I live in a country with frequently blocked internet access, so had to use VPN.

I suspect it's the Mono / xcode stuff, but it's still downloading. I'll report back here once that's all done and let you know how I get on.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Childintime

Ok. Said I would report back here. Three steps I did:

1. download current and prev runtimes
2. Update Xcode
3. Download all new Mono Framework stuff.

Result? It works now. So, if you have a Mac and can't run anything, maybe try the above.