• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 Can't build HTML5 game using websockets

I am working on a project using websockets. The server and the client works when I build them on windows platform but when I build the client on HTML5, doesn't work.

I tried to run this project https://www.dropbox.com/s/4km4xpvlapk... (by Wizirdi
) but the same mistake come up.

Maybe there is an error coused by the last gamemaker update. Do you know anything about it?

Granderrota

Hi. I dont know. Something similar happens to me with the Cloud Save extension, that is in the marketplace. Works well on Windows VM; but it doesn't work in YYC, nor html5. I don't see the meaning of the failure.

Doesn't build under HTML or doesn't run?
If it doesn't run then check the HTML5 console for errors.
you are right! there is a big different between run and build ( Sorry! I am a spanish speaker)...

Doesn't run, but I just needed to use the function network_connect_async like Mert said.