• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Linux Cannot run in Ubuntu VM

Hi,

I cannot run my compiled game on my Oracle VM with Ubuntu 18.04.02 LTS bionic installed. I used a standard and official Ubuntu image with Gnome GUI already in it. I have added all the packages on the setup page.

The game compiles just fine from my Windows PC, but it does not run on the VM.
I try to run the game from the VM using a terminal windows (Ctrl+Alt+T) and the command "sh execute.sh". It does nothing and does not even give out an error code. It just accepts the command the prints a new line for a new command.

What am I doing wrong here?

PS: I did a test with a "game" only consisting of an object moving right. That one compiles as well, and is run by the VM. However, I cannot start that from the VM afterwards either. There's only a file with the same name as the "game", and when I try to run it by writing "sh UbuTest", I get a "syntax error, ")" expected" error.

Thanks!