• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Cannot purchase gamemaker!

M

Mythi.T

SOLVED! : I bought steam currency with the card now Im buying gamemaker there. Thanks to all who tried to help!
======

1. I bought a pre-paid visa card to buy gamemkaer for the desktop (the $99 version) but I get this message:
"We were unable to charge your card at this time. Please check with your card issuer and, if the problem persists, contact the helpdesk."

2. I also get this message:
"The GameMaker Studio 2 IDE can only be installed on Windows operating systems, Windows 7 and above, or macOS X El Capitan and above."
I have windows 10!
I am on a Dell Presison m3800

I registered the prepaid card
I want the full version of gamemaker, not the trail
Yet it wont let me buy!

HELP I SPENT 100$ on a card for this propose!

Edit: I don't know where to post stuff like this, please don't be mad if I posted it in the wrong place.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dog Slobber

1. Can you buy it from Steam. If yes than you can link Steam account to YoYo Account. If not contact Help Desk.

2. Make sure your laptop uses a 64 bit OS.

Amon

I get this error also sometimes when buying off the marketplace. It is 100% of the time the issuing bank that has blocked the transaction, not YYG. Contact the people that issued the card, visa, MasterCard etc and explain that you tried to buy something. They will let you know if they blocked the transaction.

Like I said the issue is with the card people blocking the transaction, not YYG.

M

Mythi.T

I get this error also sometimes when buying off the marketplace. It is 100% of the time the issuing bank that has blocked the transaction, not YYG. Contact the people that issued the card, visa, MasterCard etc and explain that you tried to buy something. They will let you know if they blocked the transaction.

Like I said the issue is with the card people blocking the transaction, not YYG.
Thank you. Ill just try to find a way to contact them

rIKmAN

Could you have used PayPal directly, or add the card as a payment method to a PayPal account and do it that way?

M

Mythi.T

1. Can you buy it from Steam. If yes than you can link Steam account to YoYo Account. If not contact Help Desk.

2. Make sure your laptop uses a 64 bit OS.
I cant. 2 reasons why:
1. Id need to spend $110 on a steam card
2. My pre-paid only has $100 on it and I dont think its reloadable

M

Mythi.T

[SOLVED]
I bought steam currency with the pre-paid, now buying gammaker there. Thanks to all who tried to help.

I made a post about this a while ago, but the amazing suggestions given to me were unable to fix the problem. Link to first post HERE: https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/cannot-purchase-gamemaker.54174/#post-329701

I have a VISA pre-paid card with $100 can on it
I called the issuing bank and they said that (even though i tried to buy the licence like 20 times) there were no transaction attempts, accepted or declined....

A user named Amon said that it was the issuing bank, not yoyo games
Through my experiences, I think otherwise

I have the following questions:
1. Are there certain prepaid cards that yoyo games does not accept?
2. If there are, which ones are accepted?

I am just posting this as I want more information (and the help desk has like, none on this topic), for my issue.
If I can get more info please that would be great

I am under 18, so not paypal account
I have windows 10
I live in canada

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mythi.T

I called the issuing bank they said there were no transactions declined

Dog Slobber

If your card has $100.00 Canadian on it and the cost is $99 American, then you don't have enough money on the card after conversion.

Last edited:
M

Mythi.T

If your card has $100.00 Canadian on it and the cost is $99 American, then you don't have enough money on the card after conversion.
Thanks for the info.

[EDIT] I solved the issue i was having, I just bought it on steam