• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

iOS Cannot interact with iOS builds since 2.2.1

clee2005

Is anyone else seeing an issue with iOS builds where the game runs and you can see animations, but no screen touches are registering? I'm imagining not since this is a show stopping issue, but it really just happened with this latest release.

Is there a setting in XCode or something that might be causing this? I'm using XCode 10.1 and Mojave along with GMS 2.2.1.287 Runtime

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Chris

clee2005

Confirmed that building the same project from 2.2.0.343 IDE and 2.1.5.246 Runtime (onto the same Mac and Xcode version) works!

Also confirmed that building from 2.2.1.375 IDE and 2.1.5.246 Runtime works.

So for my projects it seems that 2.2.1 Runtime doesn't work for iOS. I'll try a reduced project ... it must be something in my project that is doing this.... I can't imagine QA missing something this big.

Last edited:
P

Pano

mmmmm very bad this..... I test it later and let you know what happens in my case

clee2005

It turned out to be a problem for me where I was re-purposing the path_scale variable (so I wouldn't have to create a variable in the base class - stupid idea ... full regret). The path_scale default value has changed from Runtime 2.1.5 where it was 1 to now being 0 in Runtime 2.2.1