• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Cannot install runtimes

MeBoingus

Hiya all!

I've just bought myself a brand new PC, with a fresh Windows 10 ultimate install. Upon trying to install the trial of GMS 2.3.2.560 (and previous versions) I am getting the following error after signing in:

"The selected runtime could not fully install" while trying to install runtime 2.3.2.426.

Things I have tried:

• Installing a previous version.
  • Rebooting.
  • Manually downloading the runtime files and placing them in the correct runtime directory in programdata.
  • A complete fresh install of GMS2.
  • Running as administrator.
  • Redownloading the installer.
  • Completely disabling my default Windows Defender (Although it wasn't flagging anything in the first place).
  • Changing my default browser to Edge.
  • Removing Adblock from Chrome.

There are no notable errors in the ui.log, and from what I can tell the error is in installing the runtime, and not downloading in, as I've manually downloaded it, and it still fails.

Does anyone have any advice?

MeBoingus

Have you successfully logged into your Yoyogames account in the IDE?
Eyup. I can sign in just fine, but the moment it starts the runtime download it just fails. Sometimes instantly, sometimes mid-way through, usually right as it's about to end.

8BitWarrior

For anyone else searching for a possible solution, this issue was resolved for me by:
1) Uninstalling GameMaker
2) Logging out of my Windows user account
3) Logging back into my Windows user account and attempting to install again

I have my doubts that this will help in every case, but it did work for me with the 23.1.1.369 beta.