• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android Cannot get com.yoyogames.runner.apk through CMD prompt

K

KitKatarine

Hello all, I was hoping you could help me fix this, as I am having some issues.

I followed all the tutorials to the end to the letter, installed the Android SDK and NDK, the Java SE 8u102, Got my libraries synced up, the Keystore fixed. I even - after some time - got the adb functional and recognising my device.

What I can't do, and the reason I'm posting, is I cannot get the game to appear on the phone. Supposedly, it's supposed to install on the phone as soon as I hit the green "play" button, but it has not.

Naturally, I went and looked for a fix. With everything up until this point working as it should, and all the drivers installed like they should, the help section of YoYo said I should manually add the runner in like so:

How to install the YoYo Runner without GameMaker:Studio?
If the Android Debugger (adb) detects that your device is connected, but the device still does not respond to GameMaker:Studio creating a game, you may need to install the YoYo Runner onto the device manually. This can be done as follows.

1. On your PC, Press and hold the Windows Key and hit R to open the Run dialog
  2. Type in CMD and hit enter to open a command prompt
  3. Go to the directory where you installed Android and type "cd platform-tools" and press enter
  4. Type the following into the command line, ensuring to replace the file location to your own install location: adb install %AppData%\GameMaker-Studio\Android\com.yoyogames.runner.apk
  5. Hit Enter and wait for install to complete (will state "Success" on completion)
  6. Once installed, you should now see the YoYo Runner application on your Android Device
I have done all of the previous steps; my file directiory is actually in the same spot as listed above. However, when I put in the command, I get:

Invalid APK file: C:\Users\KitKat\AppData\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio\Android\com.yoyogames.runner.apk
The GameMaker compile log doesn't help me too much either. I do, however, get this line when I compile:

'"C:\Users\KitKat\AppData\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio\Android\runner\gradle\gradlew"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
cmd /c "subst /d Z:"
I don't know if that helps any.

Please, if anyone can shed some light on the situation, I'd be so happy.

Genetix

Have you fully updated the Android SDK yet? I usually have to do a lot of updates before I can get new builds to run.

K

KitKatarine

Have you fully updated the Android SDK yet? I usually have to do a lot of updates before I can get new builds to run.
Yes, the Android SDK is up and running, and all updated. I just checked again and it's all there.

Mool

I had the same prob.
Try to set the ndk folder to a random folder (error message is OK, if u do not use YYC)
If it does not help write back.

Genetix

Not likely the problem, but does that folder location have full access/rights? If GMS doesn't have permission to that folder it could be the hold up.

K

KitKatarine

I had the same prob.
Try to set the ndk folder to a random folder (error message is OK, if u do not use YYC)
If it does not help write back.
What do you mean a random folder? Could you clarify?

I have it currently in its own folder on my desktop.

K

KitKatarine

Not likely the problem, but does that folder location have full access/rights? If GMS doesn't have permission to that folder it could be the hold up.
It /SHOULD/. I don't see why it wouldn't, as I'm the only account on this computer.

I should also mention that the .apk file is not visible in ANY folder anywhere - hence the needing to build it through CMD (Which is what all the other forums and internet help said to do)

Mool

Example: C:/Destop/AndroidNDK ---> C:/Desktop/FISH_RANDOM_BLABLOBLI

for me it works, but there are some other solutions too.
But pls try it. + clear Temp Backups etc inside GMS

If it works, than u can change it back

K

KitKatarine

Example: C:/Destop/AndroidNDK ---> C:/Desktop/FISH_RANDOM_BLABLOBLI

for me it works, but there are some other solutions too.
But pls try it. + clear Temp Backups etc inside GMS

If it works, than u can change it back
It didn't work. I cleared temp cache, and changed the directory.