• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android cannot generate or show keystore in 2.3.4.580

The engine hangs when i try to generate or show a keystore, becoming unresponsive and requiring going into task manager to completely shutdown the program.

file>preferences>platform settings>android

is anyone else experiencing this problem? its crippling development.

Thank you

Yes, it's a bug and been reported (https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/2-3-4-stable-release-thread.89092/page-2). A proper fix will be released in upcoming version.

But here's what you can try doing. It worked for me after 3 freezes, but somehow the method didn't work when tested by GMS dev.
1. Switch your target from windows to android before attempting to generate keystore
2. If your keystore filename address box has a previous generated keystore for other game, manually erase/reassign the folder location before pressing generate keystore

If doing the above doesn't work, either roll back your IDE to previous version or wait for v.2.3.5.

FYI, even if it freezes when you pressed "generate keystore", it actually successfully make a keystore in the location you assigned.

SiHy

Yup, I've had the same thing happen, it freezes every time I try it. I'm new to Android dev / creating keystores; does anyone know if it's possible to use a different program to create a keystore for a Gamemaker 2 app?