• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

SOLVED Cannot Find ui.log File

TLH14

I am having an entirely separate issue with GMS2 not running any projects, so I went to submit a bug report. However, while attempting to submit a bug report, I found that the ui.log file is missing from C:\Program Files\GameMaker Studio 2. I have Windows set to show hidden folders and files. I ran CMD as an administrator and entered dir "C:\Program Files\GameMaker Studio 2", yet ui.log was still nowhere to be found.

This is a fresh install of GMS2, if that has anything to do with it, as that was part of my attempt to get GMS2 to run projects again.

TLH14

Y'know, I could've sworn I can read, but I had to reread your message about five times over before noticing it's ProgramData not Program Files.

So my ability to read may, in fact, be up for questioning.