• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

iOS cannot find or open GoogleMobileAds.framework.zip

Hi!

I have been importing an old GM:S1 project into GM:S2 and am now trying to compile a new version for iOS.
But it won't compile due to some issues with the extensions: cannot find or open GoogleMobileAds.framework.zip

What I have done so far is updating the extensions in my library and then imported them again into my project and deleting the old ones. Also I opened the extensions and made sure the iOS-boxes were ticked.

Is there anything more I need to do? If I go into Extension iOS properties, all field are blank. Is there a guide or something that explains what I am supposed to do here?

Below is the error code in compiler log:

Code:
pscp C:\Users\Fredrik\Desktop\gms2_projects\run3\extensions\GooglePlayServicesExtension1\iOSSourceFromMac\PersonalizedAdConsent.framework.zip /Users/relicplay/GameMakerStudio2/iOS_/GMS2IOS/run3/run3FromPC/Fw/PersonalizedAdConsent.framework.zip
RunCommandOnMac cd ~/GameMakerStudio2/iOS\ /GMS2IOS/run3/run3FromPC/Fw; unzip -o GoogleMobileAds.framework.zip; unzip -o PersonalizedAdConsent.framework.zip;
cd ~/GameMakerStudio2/iOS\ /GMS2IOS/run3/run3FromPC/Fw; unzip -o GoogleMobileAds.framework.zip; unzip -o PersonalizedAdConsent.framework.zip;
bash: line 0: cd: /Users/relicplay/GameMakerStudio2/iOS /GMS2IOS/run3/run3FromPC/Fw: No such file or directory
unzip:  cannot find or open GoogleMobileAds.framework.zip, GoogleMobileAds.framework.zip.zip or GoogleMobileAds.framework.zip.ZIP.
unzip:  cannot find or open PersonalizedAdConsent.framework.zip, PersonalizedAdConsent.framework.zip.zip or PersonalizedAdConsent.framework.zip.ZIP.

System.Exception: Error running command 'cd ~/GameMakerStudio2/iOS\ /GMS2IOS/run3/run3FromPC/Fw; unzip -o GoogleMobileAds.framework.zip; unzip -o PersonalizedAdConsent.framework.zip;', exitcode=9
bash: line 0: cd: /Users/relicplay/GameMakerStudio2/iOS /GMS2IOS/run3/run3FromPC/Fw: No such file or directory
unzip:  cannot find or open GoogleMobileAds.framework.zip, GoogleMobileAds.framework.zip.zip or GoogleMobileAds.framework.zip.ZIP.
unzip:  cannot find or open PersonalizedAdConsent.framework.zip, PersonalizedAdConsent.framework.zip.zip or PersonalizedAdConsent.framework.zip.ZIP.

at ..(String , String , Boolean )
   at Igor.iOSBuilder.HandleExtensions()
   at Igor.iOSBuilder.Package()
Igor complete.
elapsed time 00:00:12.6451898s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.2.3.344/bin/Igor.exe" -j=8 -options="C:\Users\Fredrik\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff" -v -- iOS Package started at 08/24/2019 08:52:55
"cmd"  /c subst Z: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.0498160s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: /d started at 08/24/2019 08:53:08
"cmd"  /c subst Y: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.0498584s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: /d started at 08/24/2019 08:53:08
"cmd"  /c subst X: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.0501650s for command "cmd" /c subst X: /d started at 08/24/2019 08:53:08
FAILED: Package Program Complete

chirpy

It's a bit weird that the log said it pscp from "extensions\GooglePlayServicesExtension1" under your project, why is there a suffix "1"? Is there a duplicate extension folder?
Anyway, I would check to make sure GoogleMobileAds.framework.zip exists under "extensions\GooglePlayServicesExtension\iOSSourceFromMac", or ""extensions\GooglePlayServicesExtension1\iOSSourceFromMac"".
It should be pscp-ed the same way PersonalizedAdConsent.framework.zip was (from your pc to your mac).

It's a bit weird that the log said it pscp from "extensions\GooglePlayServicesExtension1" under your project, why is there a suffix "1"? Is there a duplicate extension folder?
Anyway, I would check to make sure GoogleMobileAds.framework.zip exists under "extensions\GooglePlayServicesExtension\iOSSourceFromMac", or ""extensions\GooglePlayServicesExtension1\iOSSourceFromMac"".
It should be pscp-ed the same way PersonalizedAdConsent.framework.zip was (from your pc to your mac).
I think they got a 1 at the end because I added the updated extensions while the old were still there, and deleted the old ones after. This is because I had 3 different google extensions (licensing, IAPS, & services) and needed to know which one I should add.

Anyway, in extensions\GooglePlayServicesExtension1\iOSSourceFromMac, there are 2 zip-files: GoogleMobileAds.framework, and PersonalizedAdConsent.framework.
Do I need to do anything with these? Should I open the extension in GM:S2 and link to the zip-files somehow?

chirpy

I kinda lost track of how GM:S2 knows which files to pscp to Mac now, since I hadn't built iOS for a while. However my old extension test project does show that the extension list the two frameworks under its "Extension iOS Properties" -> "3rd Party Frameworks & Bundles". They're also listed in the extension .yy file as "iosThirdPartyFrameworkEntries", but their checkboxes in IDE weren't checked so I'm kinda lost. I'd try to remove and then clean install the extension once again; just my 2 cents.