• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

iOS Cannot Find Device, IOS, (Solved)

A

AndrewCampbell

Hi, Ive been troubleshooting this issue for about a day now and can get nothing to work. I'm using Game Maker Studio 2. Gamemaker is able to connect to my mac but it says no devices are found when I try to detect for my iPhone 7 plugged into my mac.

Does anyone know why it wont find my plugged in iPhone or a way around this step? Thanks.

I am running
Game Maker Studio 2 v2.1.2.257
macOS Sierra AND have tried macOS High Sierra
iPhone 7+ is connected via usb lightning cable to my mac
Newest version of XCode (Don't know if this matters at all or not)
I also already am a registered apple developer (Don't know if that matters or not for this step)

Capture1.PNG Capture2.PNG

elapsed time 00:00:00.8819797s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.2.172/bin/Igor.exe" -password="Keelydog13" -username="Andrew Campbell" -hostname="192.168.1.13" -- Test Test started at 11/10/2017 17:58:39
Connection successful!
"C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.2.172/bin/Igor.exe" -of="C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\devices.json" -d="Andrews Macbook Pro" -uf="C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\andcam713_31770" -rp="C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.2.172" -- ios DetectDevices

Options: C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.2.172\bin\platform_setting_defaults.json
Options: C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\andcam713_31770\local_settings.json
Release build
working dir: C:\Program Files\GameMaker Studio 2
C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.2.172\bin\putty\yyputtygen.exe "C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\andcam713_31770\yoyo.ppk" -O public-openssh
mkdir -p ~/.ssh
cat ~/.ssh/authorized_keys
WARNING: Unable to connect to remote client
pscp C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.2.172/ios/mobiledevice /tmp
Renci.SshNet.Common.SshAuthenticationException: Permission denied (publickey).
at Renci.SshNet.ClientAuthentication.Authenticate(IConnectionInfoInternal connectionInfo, ISession session)
at Renci.SshNet.ConnectionInfo.Authenticate(ISession session, IServiceFactory serviceFactory)
at Renci.SshNet.Session.Connect()
at Renci.SshNet.BaseClient.Connect()
at ..(String , String , Boolean )
at Igor.iOSBuilder.DetectDevices()Igor complete.
elapsed time 00:00:02.3467765s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.2.172/bin/Igor.exe" -of="C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\devices.json" -d="Andrews Macbook Pro" -uf="C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\andcam713_31770" -rp="C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.2.172" -- ios DetectDevices started at 11/10/2017 17:58:40
"C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.2.172/bin/Igor.exe" -of="C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\simulators.json" -d="Andrews Macbook Pro" -uf="C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\andcam713_31770" -rp="C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.2.172" -- ios DetectSimulators

Options: C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.2.172\bin\platform_setting_defaults.json
Options: C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\andcam713_31770\local_settings.json
Release build
working dir: C:\Program Files\GameMaker Studio 2
C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.2.172\bin\putty\yyputtygen.exe "C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\andcam713_31770\yoyo.ppk" -O public-openssh
mkdir -p ~/.ssh
cat ~/.ssh/authorized_keys
Igor complete.
elapsed time 00:00:02.3294898s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.2.172/bin/Igor.exe" -of="C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\simulators.json" -d="Andrews Macbook Pro" -uf="C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\andcam713_31770" -rp="C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.2.172" -- ios DetectSimulators started at 11/10/2017 17:58:42

A

AndrewCampbell

Finally, I have found a solution to this problem.
I am posting in case other of you run into this same issue in the future.
Due to permission issues all parent folders must be set to "read-only" for all other profiles other than the administrator on your mac.
Home -> Users -> "Your Username" -> .ssh -> authorized_keys
Go through and directly change all other permissions to read only for each of the 4 folders and 1 file above (5 changes need to be made)
Once you make all of these folders read only, it will find your devices.