• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Cannot create single runtime executable.

A

Ariak

Hey guys,
to preface: I've opened an official support ticket about this, but with the special promotion (extra 10%) running only until the 27th I believe - i really want to get this solved before I commit to buying the software.

The problem is that I cannot create a standard .exe - all it does is drop a temporary .tmp file on my desktop, or any other chosen export path. Installer.exe and zipped application work!

Here's the compile, if its any use:

Create started: 20:20:10
"C:\Users\Ariak\AppData\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio\GMAssetCompiler.exe" /c /m=windows /config="Default" /tgt=64 /obob=True /obpp=False /obru=True /obes=False /i=4 /cvm /tp=2048 /mv=1 /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=1757 /gn="Project_Proto_v166 lives indicator" /td="C:\Users\Ariak\AppData\Local" /cd="C:\Users\Ariak\Documents\GameMaker\Cache" /sh=True /dbgp="6502" /hip="192.168.0.103" /hprt="51268" /o="C:\Users\Ariak\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_89053\gm_ttt_70699" "E:\Desktop\Gaming\Game Maker Projects\Project_Proto_v166 lives indicator.gmx\Project_Proto_v166 lives indicator.project.gmx"

Reading project file....finished.
Compile Constants...finished.
Remove DnD...finished.
Compile Scripts...finished.
Compile Objects...finished.
Compile Timelines...finished.
Compile Triggers...finished.
Compile Rooms...finished.
Compile Extensions...finished.
Final Compile...finished.
Saving IFF file... C:\Users\Ariak\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_89053\gm_ttt_70699\Project_Proto_v166 lives indicator.win
Writing Chunk... GEN8
Writing Chunk... OPTN
Writing Chunk... EXTN
Writing Chunk... SOND
Writing Chunk... AGRP
Writing Chunk... SPRT
Writing Chunk... BGND
Writing Chunk... PATH
Writing Chunk... SCPT
Writing Chunk... SHDR
Writing Chunk... FONT
Writing Chunk... TMLN
Writing Chunk... OBJT
Writing Chunk... ROOM
Writing Chunk... DAFL
Writing Chunk... TPAGE
Writing Chunk... CODE
Writing Chunk... VARI
Writing Chunk... FUNC
Writing Chunk... STRG
Writing Chunk... TXTR
0 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_0.png...
Writing Chunk... AUDO
Writing Chunk... SCPT
Writing Chunk... DBGI
Writing Chunk... INST
Writing Chunk... LOCL
Writing Chunk... STRG
Stats : GMA : Elapsed=1219.1147
Stats : GMA : sp=40,au=0,bk=13,pt=0,sc=22,sh=0,fo=2,tl=0,ob=29,ro=1,da=0,ex=0,ma=16,fm=0xCDAC0234
C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\iexpress.exe /N __SelfExtractingArchive_file__.sed

Create finished: 20:20:17​

Any clues as to whats causing this?
Turns out it's somehow tied to my project - something funny in the game-settings maybe? My older projects export correctly.

EDIT for more Info:
GM Version 1.4.1757
I've tried a completely fresh install following this guide: http://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/216753708-How-to-perform-a-fresh-install

Last edited by a moderator:
F

forsamori

Have you tried running as an Administrator and attempting to build out an .exe?

F

forsamori

[After discussing this on a private conversation, we discovered that a piece of malware was infecting Ariak's single runtime exes, and Bitdefender was silently squashing the exe. Ariak has since resolved this issue and can now build exes again.]