• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Cannot create new project.

M

Meek

I've just signed up to the beta and downloaded and installed Game Maker 2, but when I try to create a new project from the start page, I receive the following errors in succession:

upload_2016-11-2_15-44-28.png

upload_2016-11-2_15-44-42.png

upload_2016-11-2_15-44-56.png

Any idea how I can get around this?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Try downloading it again from your account, or even just close and restart. IIRC that's an issue with runtimes not being installed correctly.

M

Meek

Thanks for the response.

I've uninstalled, re-downloaded, restarted my computer and reinstalled, but unfortunately I'm still getting the same errors.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Can you please supply a copy of the UI log file? Should be in "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2"

rmanthorp

GameMaker Staff
Admin
GameMaker Dev.
Could you also delete everything in %programdata%\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\ and try opening/closing the IDE

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Can you create a Helpdesk ticket (don't post the info here publicly) and send us the license.plist file you'll find at %appdata%\GameMakerStudio2\[your yoyo account name]

Once you've taken a copy of that file ready to send to us, please delete the whole [your yoyo account name] folder and then try starting the IDE again. You'll need to log-in again. Let us know if that fixes.

M

Meek

Do you have a link to the Helpdesk where I can create the ticket?

Deleting my account name in the appdata folder fixed the issue!

Thanks for that.