• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Suggestion Can you please add ds_list_item_is_list/map

I

icuurd12b42

Getting tired of asking for this! But the missing functions:

ds_list_item_is_list
ds_list_item_is_map
ds_map_item_is_list
ds_map_item_is_map

Bit us in the ass yet again!!

I been asking for these for 2 years!

Can you please add these to the gml language!!! the missing functions are infuriating...

You obviously have the ability to give us this information since the debugger itself is aware of the content of the data structure since exploding the root id of a json ds_map also explodes the sub structure!!!

Jesus, it's only 4 new functions. right now we can't deal with json files without those... aside those files we know exactly the content of.. This is EXTREMELY limiting.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
And I've also asked for json_encode_list() and json_decode_list() for a long time. With json_decode(), having the outer map with the default key makes it annoying to return the resulting list from a script without leaking or breaking references.

Seriously, finding the type of nested entries is something that every GML-based JSON library supports. Why not the native one in the runner?

zbox

GMC Elder
And I've also asked for json_encode_list() and json_decode_list() for a long time. With json_decode(), having the outer map with the default key makes it annoying to return the resulting list from a script without leaking or breaking references.

Seriously, finding the type of nested entries is something that every GML-based JSON library supports. Why not the native one in the runner?
If we want to speak on terms of technicalities, that is what the JSON specification requires. If GM supported directly decoding a ds list to a list it would no longer technically fall within the JSON spec. But I acknowledge that it goes outside the json spec in other means (Supports trailing commas, etc) and this is a fairly benign element. But make no mistake its done on purpose, not because someone didnt add it.

OP's suggestions would also be very very useful :)