Can you make a game similar to Spoon Pet Collector?

S

Sebastian

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the GameMaker community, I have a question which I couldn't find while browsing through the threads. Apologise if this question was already mentioned previously.

What's Spoon Pet Collector? In short, the game is based on the idea of attracting pets to your home and interactivity with them. You can search the game up on Google it's quite popular.

Now, why do I want to build a game like this? My girlfriend is an illustrator and she has created this adorable Panda which has attracted over 15k followers on Instagram.

So the questions.
1) Can you build a game like Spoon Pet on GameMaker Engine?

If yes, then

2) How would I go about creating it? (I wouldn't mind some help, however, I don't have the funds to pay the individual. I don't mind putting your name in the credits if you helped.)

I hope someone can give me some advice.

Last edited by a moderator:

andev

Yes, you absolutely can make a game like that using GM. To me it looks like a modern version of tamagotchi, which is a fairly simple concept from a programming standpoint.

My advice to you is not to start with this concept and instead learn a bit about making games first. Once you've got a better understanding, you'll know how to approach this a lot more confidently. And then if you get stuck, you can come here with the specific problem.

S

Sebastian

Yes, you absolutely can make a game like that using GM. To me it looks like a modern version of tamagotchi, which is a fairly simple concept from a programming standpoint.

My advice to you is not to start with this concept and instead learn a bit about making games first. Once you've got a better understanding, you'll know how to approach this a lot more confidently. And then if you get stuck, you can come here with the specific problem.
Hi Andev,

Thanks for the reply.

Awesome, now that I know you can make a game like this. I will start playing around with the software on the weekend :D

Niels

If you have little to zero gamedev experience I would advice you to shelf this game idea till you made some smaller projects that will learn you the concepts and logics of game design.
But a game like you describe should be perfectly doable