• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Can you make a game booter in GMS?

I want to design a program in GMS ( for Windows ) that lets you load other games made in GMS. It displays a list of games in the form of a menu, the user selects the game, and them program loads the game. When the user quits the game, the game menu is loaded again, lists of games that the user can select from the menu. I have no idea if this possible in GML.

The only way that I know of doing this is in my other programming language C using batch files in MS-DOS ( or bash scripting in Linux ). I would write a program in C that displays a menu list, that when you enter a number for a program you want, the program would via C's return, would return a value to the batch file which would automate the booting of programs based on the value ( 1 - 200 , 0 is exit ). When the program exited, it went back to the batch file which would load up the C program that displayed the menu list. I do not want to use batch files, unless I have to ( and it is possible to use a batch file to create a menu, instead of another program to do the same job ). But this is so old school and it's not feasible for game development in GMS.

So I am hoping that in GML there is something that does this...

Does anyone know , can this be done?

Thanks