• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion can we have function like variable_global_get_name()

N

NuttyOwO

Can we have variable_global_get_name() *function that gets name of all exist global variable in the room as an array of string
I am trying to make debugger and already work around another similar function like variable_instance_exit /get_name /get /set which goes pretty well but when work around global variable there no function to get all names.
I know that this is compatibility function and I can manually store global variable names in an actual code but since function alike already exits I don't think it hard to add this one and manually storing name will make it a bit out of my goal.

sorry if there already a way to get all global variable name and please tell me ^ ^

T

The Shatner

Hey NuttyOwO!
When you run the game in debug mode, the debugger tells you all about the global vars.

N

NuttyOwO

I know that and it's the reason why I don't think it hard to add function alike. It not really a serious problem for me but just make thing more convenient to use.
let me explain a bit now I create debugger which has functions to take a bit control over variable same as GMS:2 debug mode (control over variable of instance etc)
and I made it out of interest so i'm not really care if it something debugger mode can do XD
as for instance scope now I have a button which you can click and instance variable name list appear ready to select and take control.
I do create textbox which you can type name so actually, for global scope i can remember variable name or open debug mode and look at variable name then type it
but as you can see it not exactly convenient which is my goal.