• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Can we get DS_mark_as_*?

hippyman

There are these following functions existing already

ds_map_add_list
ds_map_add_map
ds_map_replace_list
ds_map_replace_map
ds_list_mark_as_map
ds_list_mark_as_list

I get that these are really only supposed to be used for JSON (or at least that's what the documentation seems to imply). But I actually tend to use them when I'm trying to make more complex data structures because it makes cleanup way easier. Rather than having to create a script that iterates through all the data structure's internals, I can just destroy the root of the data structure and it's all cleaned up.

I was hoping that it would be possible to add support for this with the other data structure types.

ds_map_add_stack
ds_map_add_queue
ds_map_add_priority_queue
ds_map_add_grid

ds_list_mark_as_stack
ds_list_mark_as_queue
ds_list_mark_as_priority_queue
ds_list_mark_as_grid

ds_grid_mark_as_stack
ds_grid_mark_as_queue
ds_grid_mark_as_list
ds_grid_mark_as_map
ds_grid_mark_as_priority_queue
ds_grid_mark_as_grid

etc..

I get that you are done adding features to 1.x, so would it be possible to see this in 2.x?

I personally would find this useful. But I would also like to hear what other people have to say as well.

I

icuurd12b42

You forget
_is_list, is_map and so on

and My guess is never... I been asking for this for almost 2 years. on the old forum and this one

I

icuurd12b42

Not really. new functions rarely make it through, you will usually get new functions the dev found they needed, but rarely what we found lacking...