• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Can´t build after v2.2.4.464 (Deprecated Gradle features)

Hi all,

I am getting this error after the update "Deprecated Gradle features were used in this build, making it incompatible with Gradle 6.0.".

Any clues on how to fix it?

SDK Setup guide was updated along with the v2.2.4, so try performing a clean install of Android Studio 3.5
Also, Build for API 28 or 29, anything else is not supported, but keeping min API level to what you want (don't go any lower than API 14 or 16) should get the job done.

L

lotsofhats

Im geting this error:
"> Could not find method implementation() for arguments [androidx.legacy:legacy-support-v4:1.0.0] on object of type org.gradle.api.internal.artifacts.dsl.dependencies.DefaultDependencyHandler."

I can't install or disable AndroidX.

Thanks for your help guys!

I have fixed it.

I was using a 3rd party google services extension and after remove and install again, it becames to work.
Note that I had to remove before.

Thanks.

issam

I have the same problem here, I cant export to apk
I got this error:
Deprecated Gradle features were used in this build, making it incompatible with Gradle 6.0.
I remove the google services extension, I am using these setting:
Capture.JPG

Any help please?

silentworks

I am also facing this issue.

Installed and setup everything to the latest version (Android Studio, SDKs, IDE, everything), still getting this error message. Very frustrating.

I am not sure if this is something we have to solve, or is it a bug in the compiler?

chirpy

Did you remove the old GooglePlayServicesExtension and reinstall from Game Options -> Add-ons, similar to what OP did? It had been restructured in 2.2.4, leaving weird error messages.

silentworks

Did you remove the old GooglePlayServicesExtension and reinstall from Game Options -> Add-ons, similar to what OP did? It had been restructured in 2.2.4, leaving weird error messages.
I am not using any extensions. Or is it something automatically included?

I am not very familiar with GM2's new features, I just started using it, imported one of my old (made with GM1.4) project and experienced this issue.

J

Jessé Oliveira

I'm having this problem... I don't know if it's the same... but..
take a look at the log

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':com.integralgames.fliperadventure:transformClassesWithMultidexlistForDebug'.
> com.android.build.api.transform.TransformException: Error while generating the main dex list.
* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

Kevin_HF

take a look at the log

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':com.integralgames.fliperadventure:transformClassesWithMultidexlistForDebug'.
> com.android.build.api.transform.TransformException: Error while generating the main dex list.
* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.
Hey did you ever figure this out? I'm getting the exact same error. Maybe it's being caused by an extension?

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
take a look at the log

* What went wrong:
* Try:
You probably need to update a Google Installed extension, you can still try to clear the GMS2 cache. This has solved me several times.

Can help:

chirpy

Another thing that I'd highly recommend doing is to do a clean install of Android Studio, if you ever used it in old days and jumped back into GMS2 2.2.4+.
If you're importing an old project, double check your JDK/NDK/Android SDK settings in preferences -> platform settings -> android,
as well as game options -> platform settings -> android -> general build settings, make sure you know the API level settings are correct and cleanly installed.

NinjaGMC

I'm kinda having the same problem as well...but everytime I try to update the Google Play Services, it doesn't save the install after I close the program. (Getting a 'Some Resources Failed To Import' Message)

And how do you remove it in GMS2? I built it and added the AdMob in GMS1.4, but can't seem to update it in GMS2 w/o getting build errors (Gradle 6.0 like the others)

EDIT: Now I'm getting 'Add-on Verification failed' Please check your project and try again'

Last edited:

chirpy

The gradle 6.0 warning is somewhat misleading; I don't think that's anyone's real problem.
Failing to import or verify add-ons sounds like you have a corrupted .yyp project file. There may be another popup showing which resources failed, and you'd have to manually remove the lingering files or references. If you don't know how to do it you might have to back up and contact help desk.

R

RAT Interactive

I had the same issue here, I changed the Android API to Level 30 & Deleted the GooglePlay services extension and then downloaded and imported the latest ones.

This resolved the issue.

FHD

I had the same issue and solved by
changing the display name of the apk file to something more simple and exported it to the root of my drive. It fixed the issue.