Can one just change icon during game time?

9th_core

As I said in the title, can one change the icon that displays the game when during playtime? Like, first there is a circle as the desktop icon. If you open the game, it changes from circle to square. Thanks!

I'm using GM 8.0 Pro BTW.

If there are any ways to just change the game window icon, i'll still be good. I mean, why not?

9th_core

K, Aura.
Such conversation, mu-....

BORING... [this was not supposed to be funny, it was from ThioJoe. don't judge meh]

Roderick

To elaborate:

Changing the desktop icon would require altering a file outside Game Maker's sandbox. That just cannot be done without writing or obtaining an addon that lets you out of the sandbox. They do exist, so it is an option. However, trying to make such changes could result in your program being labeled as malware by your users' antivirus programs.

Changing the icon in the corner of the window can be done without editing files, but it still isn't natively supported, so again, you'd need to obtain or create an addon to do it for you.

How are you at writing dlls?

9th_core

To elaborate:

Changing the desktop icon would require altering a file outside Game Maker's sandbox. That just cannot be done without writing or obtaining an addon that lets you out of the sandbox. They do exist, so it is an option. However, trying to make such changes could result in your program being labeled as malware by your users' antivirus programs.

Changing the icon in the corner of the window can be done without editing files, but it still isn't natively supported, so again, you'd need to obtain or create an addon to do it for you.

How are you at writing dlls?
Uh, I never wrote a DLL, so I think I'm the worst in the world. Thanks for the response, everyone. Case closed. Question answered.... 3 times. Thanks, again! :)