• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows can not start an ongoing project (F5)

D

diester

Hello !!!

after using the free version of 1 month, I decided to buy the steam version on sale.

So I uninstall the free version and install the version via steam.
since then I can not get a glimpse of a current project. the loading is done indefinitely and nothing happens. same thing with tutorial projects available in gms2.

I wrote to the support and received an automatic response that had nothing to do with my problem. who would have an idea?

PS: I try to open gms2 in administrator world that does not change anything.

the project this load and its modifiable but impossible to launch a preview of the game with F5

There is a chance that the installation did not complete properly. Perhaps the runtime files did not download fully.

Have you tried un-installing GMS 2 , restarting your machine, and then re-installing? But, when you re-install, make sure you run the installer as administrator. Also, disable any anti-virus/anti-malware software you might have running.

Check that after the install is complete, when GMS 2 runs for the first time, that it does actually download the latest run-time files. You may know this already, but there will be a blue bar in the top right hand corner of the IDE showing the runtime download/install progress.

Check the folder on your computer : C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes and check the size of the latest runtime folder. Mine is called "runtime-2.2.3.344" and its 386Mb in size.

D

diester

the runtime file is present, it does not change anything. however, I find something strange in the settings of gms2

while I'm just opening the software without a project load. if I click on reset it does not change anything. I think I'll have to format my pc lol

* I already started as a director and did all the previous verifications of course

I don't understand French, are you able to translate the message in the screen shot? The online translator gave me "being implemented", which I'm not sure what that means. Being downloaded maybe?

You said you did all the checks, does that include checking in the size of your runtime folder?