• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

iOS Can not remove standard GMS2 splash screen on iOS app

ZigZag

Hi I'm unable to "remove" the standard GMS2 splash screen on iOS app launch after updating to GM2.3.1 by adding a white screen.
I have tried to add a white sprite to the platform settings page, and I also tried to use the asset generator but with the same result, the GMS2 splash screen still showing up on app launch! As far as I can see, the assets even look good in Xcode, so I'm not really sure what is going on?! :(
This worked on GM2.2.5.

Any help would be very appreciated :)

Roderick

I'm not sure if this is still the case, but with 1.4 and earlier, the splash screen couldn't be removed if you didn't have at least a certain minimum license.

Have you tried signing out and back in, in case something in the upgrade process made it forget your permission levels?

ZigZag

As far as I understand splash screen can not be removed on iOS, that is why I try to replace it with just a white picture.
Logging out and back in is a good idea, will take a look and see if that works, thank you.

ZigZag

Logging out and back in does not make a difference, I think it is most likely due to Xcode 12 doing splash screens a bit differently? But I'm not sure, I'm not really an expert on xcode :confused:

ZigZag

Okey, so apparently a lot of people have different issues with the splash screen on Xcode 12, I got it fixed by uninstalling the app on my test device, restarting the device and reinstalling the app, now it works?!? :oops: Must be some weird cash stuff, but now it works :)