• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Can not login on the yoyogames

T

Tionard

Hello everyone!
Recently I've bought a new SSD hard drive and installed fresh windows 10 on it. I don't know if it has something to do with it but I mention it just in case. I've installed game maker 2 in my steam and attempt to login, but got this error message:
After that I went on https://www.yoyogames.com/ (this page is working fine), and when I've tried to login there
I've got Page not found 404 error... I've sent link to my friend and he was able to enter that page, but it looks like I am not able to get there anymore.
Can anyone help me with that?

P

Pumped about GameMaker

Do you get a SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN, too? That's what I am getting.

I just had to create a thread because I cannot login and use the IDE any longer because of some SSL / TLS error stuff. Maybe the same root cause?

So is Yoyogames having some kind of a... difficult situation? Can they get out of this? Judging from the regression reporting on the latest update, I am a little worried. It's not quite time to stop doing stuff today, it's still early in the afternoon, I really wanted to work on my new prototype.

T

Tionard

Do you get a SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN, too? That's what I am getting.

I just had to create a thread because I cannot login and use the IDE any longer because of some SSL / TLS error stuff. Maybe the same root cause?

So is Yoyogames having some kind of a... difficult situation? Can they get out of this? Judging from the regression reporting on the latest update, I am a little worried. It's not quite time to stop doing stuff today, it's still early in the afternoon, I really wanted to work on my new prototype.
yes, then maybe its on their side. I was worried that something happened after reinstalling my OS.

T

tomoebi

Hey, try disconnecting your internet after launching the program. i managed to get in.

W

Wraithious

yep, and I can't log into the marketplace.... AGAIN

and pressing the contact the help desk sends you to a faq with no bug submission link

T

tomoebi

yep, and I can't log into the marketplace.... AGAIN

and pressing the contact the help desk sends you to a faq with no bug submission link
can you open this link? https://account.yoyogames.com/report-bug
it wont open from here

didn't work for me
i got that tips from someone on twitter, he said that it'll works if you have a successful logins in the last 30 days.

looks like the problem already occur since 6th april, https://twitter.com/YoYoGames/status/982208867948888064

T

tomoebi

Can I ask you again. How did you managed to get into gms2? You said that you pulled out your ethernet cable after starting the program? and what did you do next? how did you succeed in signing in?
im using the steam version, after i click launch button i quickly turn off my connection and wait until 'start page' appear. i think this trick should work with non-steam version too.

T

Tionard

im using the steam version, after i click launch button i quickly turn off my connection and wait until 'start page' appear. i think this trick should work with non-steam version too.
I'm just getting "Yoyo account Login" window. After entering my nickname and password - I am getting the same error. or "no internet connection" if I'm not turning my internet back on. so I don't really know how to get inside

M

Misu

Lol So I wasnt the only one who had this prob. Was gonna ask here the same thing. Hopefully its a server problem that YoYo can handle and it should be undergoing for repairs soon.

EDIT:

Found a solution to bypass this for now... You need to disconnect your internet connection and then open the program, once it asks you to relog in, then connect your internet again and log in as normally.

Last edited:
S

Snowywons

Same for me here and i can't connect on Game Maker Studio 2 either.

M

mjadev

I add an error a few minutes ago (not a connection pb at my side)
A window with the following message: Error - Exception - the underlying connection was closed: could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.

now it's working again...
but connection issues with yoyo servers at startup are really annoying for some time...

T

Tionard

works for me as well now!
P.S. but connecting time is something unreal. I'm still waiting
P.S.S. it looks like "installing runtime 2.1.4.200" is in an infinite loop now. I'll try to start GMS2 tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Misu

I still wonder if anyone ever saw the answer I gave earlier... I guess nobody does...