• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

SOLVED Can not import multiple sprites

roknix

Hello,

today steam updated GMS to Version 2.3.3.

It might be a coincidence but after this moment I was not able to import more then one sprite (for animations). I can multiselect but only the last one will be importet.

This is what I do normally:

- Create a new Sprite
- Click on Import
- Select the sprites I want to import
- alle Frames have been imported

Has anyone the same problem? Or is there a solution? Do I have to change Settings?

* Edit: To be sure I have created a new project. I have the same problem in the new project.

Thank you in advance.

Greetings

** Update 14.07.2021: I've reported this as a Bug. I've got an eMail that confirmed this is as a bug. So I need to wait for the fix.

But you can use the import function in the image editor. This will still work.

Last edited:
the sprite Editor import will not work for importing the images properly.
They import but in a totally screwed and random sequence.
I was kinda worried when it told me that there is a new update.
I wish I could roll it back to a working version.

pain in the arse

the sprite Editor import will not work for importing the images properly.
They import but in a totally screwed and random sequence.
I was kinda worried when it told me that there is a new update.
I wish I could roll it back to a working version.

pain in the arse
Have a look at the Stable topic. It says that they have fixed it in the latest Beta patch. So you will either have to download that patch (look at the posts in the Stable post for where to get it), or just wait for the new Stable to be released.

Have a look at the Stable topic. It says that they have fixed it in the latest Beta patch. So you will either have to download that patch (look at the posts in the Stable post for where to get it), or just wait for the new Stable to be released.
Yeah, I did that. It works now :)

Don't get me wrong guys, but I think with every software developer these day, they don't seem to test their products enough... instead they just keep on updating and patching in such short periods of time. Every time another download, update and something doesn't work anymore like before. I remember back before most households had internet, products worked as intended and didn't make use of constantly evolving runtime components. I blame OS, cloud and CHipset manufacturers. SDK update madness, haha