can I say 'thanks' if someone help me?

A

ALI 1415

when someone help me in this website, can I say 'thanks' to him? or that will make inconvenience for website members, because they will open new replies and just find 'thanks' word

Z

zendraw

yeah, not vague atall. not to mention the one doesnt go with the other atall.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
yeah, not vague atall. not to mention the one doesnt go with the other atall.
Ummm... Consider the following two comments:

"Your game sucks monkey balls!"

and

"Your game is a great concept let down by poor execution, as the movement is way to sluggish for the twitchy type of gameplay that it's trying to achieve and graphically I found it difficult to read".

One of the above is polite and constructive, the other is not. Can you guess which is which?

If you cannot tell the difference and are of the opinion that "polite criticism" is an oxymoron then you probably shouldn't even be using the internet, let alone posting on this forum...

;)

Z

zendraw

are you polite now? or its ok to say w/e as long its polite and articulate. and i dont think comparin extreme opposits works and is very constructive here. maybe in 1st grade? it wuld be more cosntructive to compare comments that blend the line.
also lets not forget victimhood and passive agression, are you rude just becus some1 says so?
i dont think its that simple, but i do know you cant get more creative then doubtin whats established.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
i dont think its that simple, but i do know you cant get more creative then doubtin whats established.
Yep, I agree, but the idea of my post was to communicate that there is a line and most people know when it's been crossed (and believe it or not we have had posts like the one I invented in the example!). Are there moments when a comment could be interpreted either way? Yes, and in general the mods here try to err on the side of caution, often reviewing context and previous comments etc.... However, we are moderators for a reason, and it's to keep this forum a safe and friendly place for everyone and sometimes that means doing things that a minority may not like, but that protects the majority.

M

Mehmet

In my opinion, saying "Thank you !" after the question got answered is essential, not just it shows good manners but it gives the "mission-accomplished-feeling" to the person who answered the question.

Z

zendraw

just becus u guys are makin a big fuss about how people react.
why not, post a cheers video and include the person`s nickname in the title, next to [SOLVED][NOC MY HERO MUCH LOVE] ah yes and a special message also throw in there.
oh wait, i know, lets make patreons and putthem on oru signatures so the people we help can donate to us, lets not restrain them from thanking us.
perhaps, if thats not enough for some1 to express his gratefullness, make a youtube video, 10 mins no less, gotta get that rev....

:bash: