• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Can I debug Shaders?

Mert

I use an extension, the shaders work perfectly on Windows and HTML5 platforms, but doesn't get compiled on my Android platform.

• I get no compilation errors on GMS2 IDE.
  • shaders_are_supported() returns TRUE. My phone is brand new.
  • shader_is_compiled(extension's shaders) return false.
  • my own shaders work in the extension. Only the extension's shaders won't work.
Is there a way, or like strategy to find out what's not been working on the shaders?

Bart

WiseBart
Just to be sure, did you check it like this:

shader_type.PNG

You do have a couple of your own shaders on Android that do work?
Is there anything different in the code between a shader that works and one that doesn't?

Mert

Just to be sure, did you check it like this:

View attachment 26424

You do have a couple of your own shaders on Android that do work?
Is there anything different in the code between a shader that works and one that doesn't?
Hi. Thanks for the answer. Shader types are correct.
Shaders work on my phone perfectly. I tested it with simple passthrough shader(The one that's been given by Game Maker when you create a shader). I played with its colour values and all's working fine.

I was wondering if I can get some feedback from Android OS about why the shader is not compiled

Bart

WiseBart
Ah, alright. So the shader type is definitely correct.

As a first step try copying the code in the simple passthrough shader to one of the shaders that aren't working (both vertex and fragment) so that they are identical when it comes to code.
If that shader does work then, you have proof that it is somewhere in the code and not somewhere else.

You could then try to comment out line by line in the shader and see if that changes anything.