• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Question - General Can I create a new project and publish to Marketplace using the same asset id?

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
Hello!

I have a project/asset on the marketplace, but I want to completely remake it from scratch. So for me it would literally be easier to create a new project and do it. (I'm having problems with enumerator conflicts and among others, anyway).

So my question is: Can I replace the old marketplace asset with the new? Without need to create another asset. (This way, those who have already purchased the asset before will be able to receive the new updated project).
What I mean is: Replace the files from the previous project.

If that's not possible, then I think an alternative would be to move all folders to a temporary folder...

Thank you, regards.

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
Fairly sure you can (marketplace downloads are just collections of assets in the project), but if not, you could make a copy of the project and remove everything from that first.