• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Can I add gradle repository?

breakmt

Is there any way to add injection in gradle repositories for extensions? I mean, I need to add this repository:
Code:
maven {
      url  "https://adcolony.bintray.com/AdColony"     
    }
But in extension properties I wee only "Inject in Gradle dependencies". I can use only jcenter()? :(

B

BoltsFellOff

Is there any way to add injection in gradle repositories for extensions?
Did you get your answer to this?
Because I also have a need to add gradle repository for my extension but can't figure out how to do it currently.

U

Uberpink

im using admob and code is more or less right,, gradle inection,, maybe thats what i need to make ads showing? anyone know?

Edit: test ads now show, nothing special done t the ekstensions. but would be cool to know what that gradle injection is

Last edited by a moderator:

Mool

I know its 2020 now, but in case someone has the same error:

Code:
// Top-level build file where you can add configuration options common to all sub-projects/modules.
buildscript {
    repositories {
        google()
        jcenter()

}
    dependencies {
        classpath 'com.android.tools.build:gradle:3.4.1'
        classpath 'com.google.gms:google-services:4.3.2'  // Google Services plugin

}
}
allprojects {
    repositories {
        google()
        jcenter()
 maven {
        url  "https://adcolony.bintray.com/AdColony"
    }

}
}
You need to add it under allprojects{repositories{HERE}}

You can find that file here: C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.2.5.378\android\runner\RootFiles\build-gradle

Good luck

Last edited:

Mert

I told this before, and sent a suggestion to Yoyogames but they only added one part(Which is still a part of Android Manifest injection). We need separate injection boxes for project and root based gradle files and 2 flags for documents in Included files section(one will copy the file to Project File the other to Root File)

2020, it's a must!

You can find that file here: C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.2.5.378\android\runner\RootFiles\build-gradle
As he said, this is the folder.

But be aware that every time the Game Maker gets updated, a new folder with a new name runtime-xxxxxx is created, so you'd have to arrange the documents over and over again!